Re: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:16:11 PDT, Hans Reiser said:

> Hellwig, people who write slow file systems should not lecture their
> measurably superiors on how to code.  Oh, and I should mention that
> other people besides me have measured reiser4, and concluded it is twice
> the speed of the other Linux filesystems, so don't go claiming it is
> just my benchmarks.   What you are doing is keeping me from doing a real
> code review myself by keeping my guys so busy that they don't have time
> to review the fixmes I inserted and would insert more of if I thought
> they had time for them.

Hans, unfortunately the most obvious reading of the above is "Reiser4 is so
damned fast because it doesn't bother doing sanity-checking".  If there's still
more "fixmes" to be inserted that *you* know of, and there are so many that
there's no time to fix them, why is this being submitted for inclusion?

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:09:08 PDT, Hans Reiser said:
> Of course, the reiser4 code is not as stable as it was before the
> changes Christoph asked for.

This sort of claim requires proof - can you point at *specific* things that
were less stable after you fixed the code, including explaining why they're
less stable?