Sis695 southbridge support (Asus K8S-MX)

It is the first time for me to write to the list so I
hope that I'll be forgiven if I'm not as precise as I
should (I'm definitely not a kernel hacker).

My current motherboard (Asus K8S-MX) uses SiS 695
chipset for southbridge to provide also a SATA/RAID
controller. To my understanding, current kernel does
not support this chipset and for this reason SiS
provides a GPL driver
(http://www.sis.com/download/download_step2.php?id=155881&agree=1&country=Canada&Image7911.x=67&Image7911.y=8)
which need to be compiled and loaded in order to
access to sata disks. According to SiS, the driver is
designed for kernel 2.6.10 or higher, so my question
is: would it be possible to include it in one of next
kernel releases so that people don't have to recompile
it each time they upgrade the kernel?

Thanks a lot,
blackdir

Note: for those who might be interested, the
motherboard has also a separated IDE controller but
this is already properly recognized in 2.6.10 and used
by the sis5513 module.