Re: query_modules syscall gone? Any replacement?

I would like to be able to query symbols of a loaded module, get list of
and list of dependencies of loaded module from an app, preferably
without having to parse a file...

No, no syscall to do that.  Looks like it will require reading
and parsing files.

And you answered my "what" question clearly, so I have one more.
Why?  for what purpose, to what end?  What are you tring to
accomplish?

The files so far provided still do not seem to give these informations though...

Part of the project I'm working on -- click-click ui for handling modules, with some perks: in this case, getting info about loaded modules that I hoped to obtain via query_module.

Oh, and one more question: There were no particular issues with query_module, or were they? If there weren't, why wasn't it kept?