Re: [2.6-GIT] NTFS: Release 2.1.24.

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 14:28:49 +0100 (BST), Anton Altaparmakov wrote:

> NTFS takes any.  It is happy with octal, decimal, and hex.  The ntfs
> driver uses linux/lib/vsprintf.c::simple_strtoul() with a zero base which
> autodetects which base to use so if you use umask=0222 it will take this
> as octal and if you use umask=222 it will take this as decimal and if you
> use 0x222 it will take this as decimal.

Uh. I was pretty sure I had tried the 0 prefix to get octal but it
failed, IIRC. Maybe I didn't run the test correctly, though.

> I do not see what is wrong with that.  It behaves exactly like I would
> expect it to.  Maybe I have strange expectations?  (-;

I don't actually care one way or the other. I was just hoping for more
consistency across drivers :) This is why I went as far as suggesting
code sharing.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

"E la storia dell'umanità, babbo?"
"Ma niente: prima si fanno delle cazzate,
 poi si studia che cazzate si sono fatte"
(Altan)
("And what about the history of the human race, dad?"
 "Oh, nothing special: first they make some foolish things,
  then you study what foolish things have been made")