Re: asm-offsets.h is generated in the source tree

> BTW, early build stages on uml with O= are still broken, even with that
> patch.  The following fixes them, but first chunk is a bad kludge.
>
> What happens:
> 	a) silentconfig expects to have include/linux in build tree already
> created.  Normally that happens earlier, but only by accident.  We need to
> force that somehow and the way I'd done it is almost certainly wrong - it
> should be in top-level makefile, to start with.  Suggestions?

We could stick a `mkdir -p include/linux` command just before executing
$(Q)$(MAKE) $(build)=scripts/kconfig silentoldconfig

It should do the trick - no?

> 	b) kernel-offsets.h needs symlinks already in place.  prepare1 does
> everything we need, so that dependency is probably the right thing (the second
> chunk).

I will try to take a closer look at this tonight.
As always my head starts spinning when I look at the arch/um/Makefile
but I will see what I can do.
If I can simplify it and introduce full dependency checks it would be
really nice.
It may add a Kbuild file to arch/um with the rules
for generating the header files.

	Sam