Re: State of Linux graphics

On 8/30/05, Daniel Stone <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 12:03 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> > The article has been reviewed but if it still contains technical
> > errors please let me know. Opinions on the content are also
> > appreciated.
>
> 'As a whole, the X.org community barely has enough resources to build a
> single server. Splitting these resources over many paths only results in
> piles of half finished projects. I know developers prefer working on
> whatever interests them, but given the resources available to X.org,
> this approach will not yield a new server or even a fully-competitive
> desktop based on the old server in the near term. Maybe it is time for
> X.org to work out a roadmap for all to follow.'
>
> You lose.

Daniel Stone, the administrator of freedesk.org, has just taken it
upon himself to censor my article on the state of the X server. His
lame excuse is that I have stopped working the core of Xegl. It
doesn't seem to matter that I contributed 1,000s of lines of code to
fd.o that I am continuing to do maintenance on. So much for this being
a free desktop.

Can some else provide a place for me to host the article?

--
Jon Smirl
[email protected]