Re: Kernel bug: Bad page state: related to generic symlink code and mmap

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 03:04:52PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
> >
> > Yes, sure.  I have applied your patch to our 2.6.11.4 tree (with the one
> > liner change I emailed you just now) and have kicked off a compile.
>
> Actually, hold on. The original patch had another problem: it returned an
> uninitialized "page" pointer when page_getlink() failed.
>
> This one should have that fixed, and has converted a few other
> filesystems. Most of them trivially, but I took the opportunity to just
> simplify NFS while I was at it, since it now has no reason to need to save
> off the "struct page *" any more.
>
> It's still not tested, but at least I've looked at it a bit more ;)

That looks OK except for
	* jffs2 is b0rken (see patch in another mail)
	* afs, autofs4, befs, devfs, freevxfs, jffs2, jfs, ncpfs, procfs,
smbfs, sysvfs, ufs, xfs - prototype change for ->follow_link()
	* befs, smbfs, xfs - same for ->put_link()
	* ncpfs fix is actually missing here

Prototype changes are covered by patch below (incremental on top of your +
jffs2 fix upthread).  No ncpfs changes - these will go separately, assuming
you haven't done them yet; just a plain janitor stuff.