Re: Kernel bug: Bad page state: related to generic symlink code and mmap

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
> > It does disable link caching.  But I didn't make this up.  This is exactly
> > what smbfs uses.  I just copied smbfs given ncpfs copies almost everything
> > smbfs does anyway...
>
> Can you test whether the untested test-patch I sent out seems to work for
> your case that bugs out? You'll probably get a few new "initialization
> from incompatible pointer type" warnings, but I do believe that they
> should be harmless at least on normal architectures.

Yes, sure.  I have applied your patch to our 2.6.11.4 tree (with the one
liner change I emailed you just now) and have kicked off a compile.  I am
afraid the actual testing will have to wait for tomorrow as I was actually
on the way to bed and the make modules is taking forever or at least
longer than I can keep my eyes open...

Best regards,

	Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on irc.freenode.net
WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/ & http://www-stu.christs.cam.ac.uk/~aia21/