Re: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII

Jeff Garzik schrieb:

Michael Thonke wrote:

Jeff Garzik schrieb:

Please enable ATA_DEBUG and ATA_VERBOSE_DEBUG, and send me the output.

I tried that Jeff, but the base problem is on the low-level..

There may be a BIOS problem, but there is no problem with the controller using SATA II drives.

Can you boot with another drive, and then send the output requested above?

Sorry, but I can't provide them, because I changed the VIA chipset based mainboard against a NForce4 Ultra chipset mainboard.

But on heise.de they also pointed out that it's VIA's bug. Not the harddrives one, they have some but this not apply on VIA. Samsung act and updated the firmware of their drives for compatibility reasons.

And the work-around is to jumper the hdd as SATA I hdd. The problem was, that my system to this time was not bootable with my Samsungs Hd160JJ and VIA VT8237. Nos they fix it with a new Chipset the VT8327R...where we don't need a work-around.
<http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/southbridge/vt8237/>

    Jeff

Michael

--