Re: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII

Jeff Garzik schrieb:

Michael Thonke wrote:

I have a ASUS A8V Deluxe too, and can't use the AMD X2 processor on it...this is a feature..right?
Supposed to run with DualCore but don't post..hm.

What does ASUS say about this? You can't just plug a new processor into an old motherboard and expect it to work, generally.

Hello Jeff,

No they don't like AMD x2 DualCore cpus. ASUS is not interesseted in the bugs I found...Silicon Image helped me to get Samsung SATA II drivers working on the Sil3132 chip and gave me a update/firmware. But ASUS ...what should I say? They say no problem encountered by us so far...don't use linux...and thorw off the phone..while you want to talk..*sigh*

My SATA II devices. Get not regonized from the VIA SATA controller...this bug is known. So I want to use my HDD's I bought ...why should I set my SATA II device to be SATA I.

And nope they don't work, no drive which with SATAII operate without tweak on VIA Southbridges..SATA controller.
Hitachi,Samsung,WD

I refer to the article of heise.de
This article from heise.de is german sorry...but maybe you understand what they wrote

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/62189

Haven't found a

Please enable ATA_DEBUG and ATA_VERBOSE_DEBUG, and send me the output.

I tried that Jeff, but the base problem is on the low-level..
Like the one I ound with Sil3132.

SATA II devices can be used on SATA I controllers just fine, with no need to tweak settings.

    Jeff

Michael

--
Michael Thonke