Re: NCQ support NVidia NForce4 (CK804) SATAII

Lee Revell schrieb:

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 17:17 +0200, Michael Thonke wrote:
*frustrated*

Hey I don't like it any more than you do.  But Nvidia is an IP company
and they act like one.  Most of us would probably do the exact same
thing in their position, AKA whatever the lawyers tell them ;-)

Lee

Jepp Lee your are right.

Well, the lawyers sometimes like cancer..nobody wants them nobody need them, but they still there. *hard ironic* Couldn't we tie all togehter, to make the world better? To make more hardware loving Linux? And peace on earth *ironic off - taken from Miss Hardware Support election live from Germany*

But omitting a costumer in some decisions could break there neck..

If we would have such company we would may do something like that, but hey..saying my Hardware is Linux friendly is much cooler :-) And mh some goverments and schools using AMD and NForce Chipsets..this is a lost market..they are blind? In my old school we had 200 + 100 computers with NForce2..and they wanted to move to Linux OS..but can't..sharing my knowledge stuck at the point of driver support from NVidia for Linux so the problem was on the root (hardware). Now they changed to Intel and what happen no NVidia anymore - isn't the worth would NVidia say right?

Greets & Best regards
Michael

--
Michael Thonke