Re: NUMA policy interface

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, Andi Kleen wrote:

> None of them seem very attractive to me.  I would prefer to just
> not support external accesses keeping things lean and fast.

That is a surprising statement given what we just discussed. Things
are not lean and fast but weirdly screwed up. The policy layer is
significantly impacted by historical contingencies rather than designed in
a clean way. It cannot even deliver the functionality it was designed to
deliver (see BIND).

> Individual physical page migration is quite different from
> address space migration.

Address space migration? That is something new in this discussion. So
could you explain what you mean by that? I have looked at page migration
in a variety of contexts and could not see much difference.