Re: 2.6.13-rc5 randconfig kernel build errors

Hi Adrian,
On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 13:20:50 +0200, Adrian Bunk <[email protected]> wrote:

>> After 300 random builds, add one more error:
>> drivers/acpi/osl.c:261: error: `AmlCode' undeclared (first use in this function)
>> drivers/acpi/osl.c:61:10: empty file name in #include
>
>Please exclude builds with CONFIG_STANDALONE=n.
Okay.

>And please don't send every new error you are finding to this list.
Go tell the dimwits not trimming their posts to control themselves,
I'm generating minimal traffic with this project.  Certainly far
less traffic then that imbecile arguing for _his_ default setting.

>As I've already said generating the errors is the the easy part -
>analyzing them is the real work.

Starting somewhere, I'll settle :)  It is this feedback I need at
start -- sorts of things to exclude.  I'll not get any feedback
without reporting stuff to the list.

>It would be best if you would do this yourself and send specific bug
>reports (or even patches) for the problems you've find.

I looked at that AmlCode error source file and grepping for a match
failed for entire source tree, so did not understand it.

>If you want to publish the errors you've found, send a pointer to a
>location where it is available _once_ and update the information there.

Killfile me.  I'm posting far less noise to lkml per month than
your daily line count of repetitive, non-informational space
wasting dot_sig.

Thanks,
Grant.