Re: 2.6.12.3 Oops

Daniel Walker said:
>> Seems to be triggered by mplayer but not right away (30 minutes sometimes), sometimes
>> no mplayer is necessary.
>>
>> This is a busy machine. There is continuous usb soundcard (3 soundcards) and
>> usb ethernet activity (news server and alot of downloading) and video is being
>> read continuously from the bt878 card.
>>
>> Any suggestions for workarounds are greatly appreciated. I'm going to try running
>> with swap off and see if that helps.

>You might want to enable slab debugging. Here's how,

OK thanks. I think I'll also switch to 2.6.14rc4 just in case it's something that's
already been fixed. Am compiling a slab debug 2.6.14rc4 now...

Bodo Eggert said:
>Let me guess: A VIA mainboard?

ABIT IC7, sorry I should have mentioned it.

It happens even if I never run mplayer. The video capturing is what is new,
previously the system was pretty stable.