Re: Incorrect driver getting loaded for Qlogic FC-HBA

> > > A similar problem was noted with RHEL4, it seems the modules.pcimap
> > > and pci.ids file were correct, but the pcitable file contained entries
> > > for all ql[ae]23xx based HBAs to load qla2300.ko.
> > >
> > > It's my understanding that this was fixed for RHEL4 U1.  Which distro
> > > are you using?  If you are using RHEL, and are still having problems,
> > > I'd suggest you file a report with Redhat.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Andrew Vasquez
> > >

> > BINGO! I AM using RHEL 4. So does that mean I can rectify the problem
> > by making appropriate changes to "pcitable" file?
>
> I'm trying to get a firm answer from the folks who originally
> discvoered the problem some time back, it seems you have two options:

Hey Thanks. I would really appreciate if you could update list/me on
it IF you get any updates (I know its too much pain).

>  - (post installation) modify the /etc/modprobe.conf to and rename the
>   qla2300 entry to qla2322 (i.e.):
>
>        alias scsi_hostadapter1 qla2322
>
>   modify the modules.pcimap table to load qla2322 for the 2322
>   device-id:
>
>        qla2300         0x00001077      0x00002322      ...
>
>   to:
>
>        qla2322         0x00001077      0x00002322      ...
>

> Beyond that, I'd suggest you log a report with Redhat, as that's the
> extent of the workaround knowledge without going to RHEL4U1.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Andrew Vasquez

THANKS. It worked for me, for time being.
In the mean time, I plan to file  report with RedHat and will update
list as and when I get any response.

regards,

Rajat