Re: Weird USB errors on HD

Alistair John Strachan wrote:
> You can get special USB cables that link two USB ports' 5Vs together in
> parallel, which seems to help supply the necessary current; after the HD has
> spun up you can remove the second "dummy" USB connector (my laptop only has
> two USB ports and I require the second port).

Yeah, there was one of these in the box with the drive, but the first time
I saw it I remember thinking: what the hell is this thing? Then when I
figured it out, I found myself wondering whether the USB interface was
ever planed for such a such and whether it wouldn't have been better to
just ship a real adapter with the thing ...

Anyhow, I will not be using the drive anymore without a powered hub.

Thanks for all those that helped,

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits