Re: [ANNOUNCE] Interbench v0.20 - Interactivity benchmark

[email protected] wrote:

Quoting Bill Davidsen <[email protected]>:

Disk tests should be at a fixed rate, not all you can do. That's NOT
realistic.
Not true; what you suggest is another thing to check entirely, and that
would
be a valid benchmark too. What I'm interested in is what happens if you read
or write a DVD ISO image for example to your hard disk and what this does to
interactivity. This sort of reading or writing is not throttled in real
life.
Of course it is. At least the read. It's limited to the speed needed to either play (watch) the image or to burn it.

Ok we'll call it hair splitting. We do both. You read the file and I copy it.
Both happen in real life, and I plan to emulate both.

And that sounds exactly correct.

--
bill davidsen <[email protected]>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc