Re: [linux-usb-devel] 2.6.12 - USB Mouse not detected

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Parag Warudkar wrote:

> Beginning 2.6.12 my Wireless USB Mouse is not detected in the first attempt -
> Meaning if I boot the machine with the mouse connected, it's not detected
> until I disconnect the mouse and then reconnect it.

That's not quite right.  Your log clearly shows the mouse was detected and
assigned address 2.

>  It works fine after the disconnect-reconnect cycle. Looking at the
> dmesg, it seems that at first time it forgets to register the hiddev
> driver - mysteriously, it remembers the second time.

Exactly.  The hiddev driver wasn't loaded the first time, which makes this
sound like some sort of hotplug failure.  Are your hotplug and udev
packages up to date?

Alan Stern