Re: Resend:[RFC/Patch] Robust futexes

I've made relatively minor changes to the glibc side since posting
the patch to the robust mutexes list.
- added EOWNERDEAD and ENOTRECOVERABLE to the glibc error reporting
  mechanism, so that strerror() works.
- added function prototypes to pthread.h for
pthread_mutexattr_getrobust_np,
  pthread_mutexattr_setrobust_np, and pthread_mutex_consistent_np.
- defined a constant for accessing the pid that's stored in the futex.
- Changed copyrights from Bull SA (the French division of our company)
  to Bull HN (The U.S. division).

We expect to receive the FSF contracts for copyright assignment any
day now. If anyone would like to see the glibc changes, I can provide
the patch under the Bull HN copyright. The patch applies to glibc-2.3.4.

Todd.

Daniel Walker <[email protected]> wrote on 07/05/2005 05:00:32 PM:

> You might want to CC Andrew Morton , and Rusty Russell.
>
> What is the status of the glibc side of this?
>
> Daniel
>

> On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 16:11 -0700, Todd Kneisel wrote:
> > This is a resend of my patch to add robust futex support to the
existing
> > sys_futex system call. The patch applies to 2.6.12. Any comments or
> > discussion will be welcome.
> >
> > Changes since my last posted version:
> > - Applies to 2.6.12, was 2.6.12-rc6
> > - Added config option CONFIG_ROBUST_FUTEX, depends on existing
CONFIG_FUTEX