Re: [ANNOUNCE] ORT - Oops Reporting Tool v.b4

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Michał Piotrowski wrote:

Hi,

Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

Sorry to say that, but:

I definitely won't be interested in bug reports from an automated tool
like this. I don't have the time to go through the heaps of information
it collects - I need a short and to the point description of the problem
from the user. Most of the time less is more, and if something is
missing, asking is always an option.

As if bug reports filled exactly in accordance with the "Reporting Bugs"
howto from Richard Gooch weren't bad enough.

Maybe something like bug report profile:
- short bug report, without things like .config file, dmesg, sysctl
- full bug report
?

- add handle some cmdl options set which will allow choose subset reports.

kloczek
*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: [email protected]*