Re: [RFC] exit_thread() speedups in x86 process.c

----- Original Message -----
From: "Denis Vlasenko" <[email protected]>
To: "Chuck Ebbert" <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Cc: "linux-kernel" <[email protected]>; "Coywolf Qi Hunt"
<[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 07:56
Subject: Re: [RFC] exit_thread() speedups in x86 process.c

> 80/20 rule says that 80% of code runs 20% of time,
> thus we need only __fast. Everything else will be by default __slow.
> (IOW: normal .text section is __slow, no need to add another one).

What makes you think __fast implies everything else should necessarily be
"slow"?

You might want to entertain the idea that some systems employ several
different speeds of memory where the penalty for making such assumptions
could be extreme if the bootstrap were to metric available memory regions
for response and locate portions of the system accordingly someday.