Re: Bizarre oops after suspend to RAM (was: Re: [ACPI] Resume from Suspend to RAM)

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 04:45:01PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:

> NULL pointer dereference in filp_open; whats that strange about it?
> Use printks to debug this one, nothing mysterious.

I can't see any way that a null pointer could get to filp_open without
something already being very wrong - the kernel worked fine before
suspend. Unfortunately, that's the one occasion that we've got the
machine (an HP nc4000) to resume. Since then, it simply freezes before
hitting "Back to C" despite having had no kernel or configuration
changes. The behaviour is very non-deterministic, which makes me wonder
about something in the suspend or resume process damaging state.

--
Matthew Garrett | [email protected]