Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, plist fixes

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Daniel Walker <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > 	For me it's strictly a speed question. I was reviewing
> > V0.7.40-04 and it looks like apples and oranges to me. It's more a
> > question of where do you perfer the latency , in up() or in down() ..
> > plist is slower for non-RT tasks, but non-RT tasks also get the
> > benefit of priority ordering.
>
> what benefit do non-RT tasks get from plists, compared to the ordered
> list? Non-RT tasks are not PI handled in any way.

The original wait list was partial ordered, wasn't it? RT tasks on the
front, non-RT at the back. Now the whole list is sorted (including non RT
tasks) . So non-RT task will get the lock in priority sorted order, as
opposed to just random. Like you said, there is no PI done.

Daniel