Re: Live CD install

On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 18:27:03 -0600,
  mike@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> When  you boot up a live cd and go to "install to hard drive", does it do
> it's own partitioning, or do you have the option of customizing it
> yourself?

There are some limits. Because of the trick used to quickly install the
file system you don't get to pick the file system type. It is whatever
was on the live image. (I think recent ones use ext4 now, but otherwise
it will be ext3.) And you probably can't break it up into multiple
partitions as well.