Printer marker levels -

    I am plagued with the cryptic message:

        Printer "Brother-HL-5140": ";marker-supply-low".

    This seems to have begun recently, perhaps with the installation of
    F-14, I'm not certain? If I knew what it means I might be able to
    fix something, alternatively how to eliminate it if I can't satisfy
    whatever it's objecting to.

    System-config-printers > Properties tells me "Marker levels
    [whatever they are] are not reported for this printer" but the
    notice keeps coming up anyway.

    I print two copies each of five crossword puzzles every morning and
    this notice keeps popping up and blocking part of my screen, an
    annoyance and one more thing to keep clicking on!

    Suggestions?

    Bob