Re: Gnome3 available in F14 to evaluate it.

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 10:33:13 -0800, suvayu ali wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Mark Eggers <mdeggers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> spend most of my time in either
>> WindowManager (for performance) or KDE (for eye candy).
>
> Do you mean WindowMaker? I find it is very efficient and light weight
> too. But I don't like the window decorations, you can't resize a window
> from any of the window borders. You need to use the lower right corner
> only. Too OS X like for me. :-/ If only there was a way to use GTK+
> window decorations with WindowMaker ...

Yep, sorry about that. I was typing from Gnome and I forgot where I was.
When I start up my development environment my brain is usually on
autopilot, so I tend not to notice things. I should be a bit more careful.

Some of the applications have a resize area on both the left and right
lower corner (pan, for example). If you run Chrome without the system
title bar and borders, you can resize it on any edge.

I've not played with all of the themes and decorations, but I found
Checker theme to be particularly annoying :-p.

. . . . just my two cents.

/mde/