Re: Asian fonts are not shown correctly in F14?

On 12/11/2010 12:54 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 12/10/2010 03:28 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed some Asiatic fonts, for example the lohit group or thai
>> fonts, but these fonts are not shown correctly (latin letters are
>> displayed - the fonts look like  arial for example). I saw this
>> accidentally if using OO. Then I tried the /usr/bin/display command
>> (from ImageMagick) for the correspondent ttf files in /usr/share/fonts:
>> shows the same behaviour.
>>
>> Finally I tried a lot of fonts offered by OO, and saw a similar behaviour.
>>
>> ls /usr/share/fonts
>>
>> bitstream-vera  lohit-bengali     opensymbol        vlgothic
>> default         lohit-devanagari  paktype-naqsh     wine-courier-fonts
>> dejavu          lohit-gujarati    paktype-tehreer   wine-marlett-fonts
>> Gentium102      lohit-kannada     paratype-pt-sans  wine-small-fonts
>> he              lohit-oriya       sil-abyssinica    wine-symbol-fonts
>> jomolhari       lohit-punjabi     sil-padauk        wine-system-fonts
>> khmeros         lohit-tamil       smc               wqy-zenhei
>> liberation      lohit-telugu      stix
>> lklug           lyx               thai-scalable
>> lohit-assamese  un-core
>>

>> What I'm doing wrong?
>>

> Are you saying that if you go to http://www.tamil.net/ (for example) and
> then copy/paste into OOWriter it doesn't display properly?

Hi Ed,

that's possible, and displays properly.

But my problem: Opening a new OOwriter document, then switching to a
lohit font and typing some chars: no lohit chars appear, but some
western (and no asiatic) font.

Kind regards

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>