Asian fonts are not shown correctly in F14?

Hi,

I installed some Asiatic fonts, for example the lohit group or thai
fonts, but these fonts are not shown correctly (latin letters are
displayed - the fonts look like  arial for example). I saw this
accidentally if using OO. Then I tried the /usr/bin/display command
(from ImageMagick) for the correspondent ttf files in /usr/share/fonts:
shows the same behaviour.

Finally I tried a lot of fonts offered by OO, and saw a similar behaviour.

ls /usr/share/fonts

bitstream-vera  lohit-bengali     opensymbol        vlgothic
default         lohit-devanagari  paktype-naqsh     wine-courier-fonts
dejavu          lohit-gujarati    paktype-tehreer   wine-marlett-fonts
Gentium102      lohit-kannada     paratype-pt-sans  wine-small-fonts
he              lohit-oriya       sil-abyssinica    wine-symbol-fonts
jomolhari       lohit-punjabi     sil-padauk        wine-system-fonts
khmeros         lohit-tamil       smc               wqy-zenhei
liberation      lohit-telugu      stix
lklug           lyx               thai-scalable
lohit-assamese  un-core

What I'm doing wrong?

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>