Re: Sorbet on Fedora's future

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:24 AM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Marcel Rieux wrote:

Are you saying that if you run Linux, and then re-boot, and enter the BIOS,
it is changed in some way?

I would think this is exactly what I said.

> When I say that open source's landscape has changed a lot in the last year
> or so, do you disagree?

I'm probably not very observant, or sensitive;
I haven't noticed any change at all, big or little.

No, you're certainly not very observant.

> Though there will always remain people developing
> for free because they believe in a project, don't you think that the trend
> is going towards more paid developers for the desktop?

As I am afraid is often the case, I'm not sure what you mean.
Are you saying that more Linux (or Fedora?) developers
are working for HP, Intel, etc, than used to be the case?

HP, maybe not. Never heard about Moblin, Meego, Chrome, ChromeOS, Chromium, Android? Indeed, you're certainly not very observant. Some are under a GPL license, some BSD, some still undetermined.