Re: Fedora 13 feature list seems kind of thin ?

Linuxguy123 wrote:
> Is it me or does the Fedora 13 feature list seem kind of thin for
> regular desktop users ?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/13/FeatureList
>
> SIPWitch looks interesting.
>
> We already have KDE4.4, though I am anxiously awaiting 4.4.1...
>
> We finally got a 2.6.32 kernel in F12 the other day.  Will F13 have a
> 2.6.33 ?

The one feature I want most is an entry in the very first menu which says
"install using the vesa driver." If the video support gets any more pickey about
what it will and won't support for chipsets, and any dumber about what it thinks
it supports but doesn't, we'll be installing on serial terminals again.

I would say slightly over half of all systems I've tried with fc12 and fc13pre
need boot options to have any stable video, compared with 1 of 14 for servers
and 1 of 3 laptops for fc11. And the laptop more or less ran but lost video
after suspend unless I switched to text console, suspended and came back to X
after restore.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>