Audio skips in rhythmbox, fine in other gnome apps

Hello,

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where audio in rhythmbox skips
way more then it should?

For the record I don't think this is a pulseaudio issue. If I open a
folder containing mp3s in gnome, and hover my mouse cursor over a
file, the file plays flawlessly (I assume through gstreamer and
pulseaudio). Playing the same file in rhythmbox can sometimes skip.

I have also loaded up albums in vlc and played with skipping. I have
loaded up songs in the gnome movie player, again without issue.

This seems to be related to rhythmbox only, and is bloody hard to
reproduce. Sometimes songs will skip, and If i restart rhythmbox, the
same song will play without issue.

Or should I just switch to amarok or another decent player?

Cheers,

Dan