Re: rsync, vs Partimage, vs other backup

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:37:05 -0600
Robert Nichols wrote:

> If you want multiple backup levels you have to have storage for
> several complete mirrors.

Depends on how picky you are about the structure of said backups.
I use the delete option to move the changed files to a deleted
directory rather than removing them, so I wind up with a "latest"
directory, then a slew of directories with names like
"yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss" that I create to hold the files changed
since yesterday's backups.

Very handy if you want to be able to find individual files.
Not so handy if you want to fully restore from some date
older than latest.