Re: FC11- getting message about 'battery broken'

Tim wrote:
Robert Moskowitz:
Now I did not get anything like this with FC10 on the system and it would run a number hours on battery.

How do I check this out?

Chris Tyler:
I means what it says: the battery is dead. Remember that the machine was
younger when you were running F10 on it ... the same battery condition
under F10 will produce that message too (I have a laptop which produces
it).

I really don't think the battery died in the 2 days from running FC10 to running FC11. Plus I was unplugged for 30min recently and the system just kept plugging along. We will see tomorrow how well it does on battery....

Or that Fedora 11 can't read the hardware properly that checks on the
battery.  When I updated, 11 said all sorts of silly things about my
battery, but it's fine.  e.g. It thought the battery was always fully
charged, and didn't notice it discharging.  I have a multi-boot laptop,
and it was easy to test with another OS.

As for Robert checking his, if he has another OS, or still has a Fedora
10 installation, or a live disc, he can boot up one of them.  He might
try updating Fedora 11, in case there's an update that improves reading
the hardware.

I don't have another OS handy and the only live CD I have is for FC11. And I am hopping on a plane tomorrow evening for 3 days of meetings in Seattle, so anything I do, has to be quick and easy.

I DID apply the updates, but I am now downloading the everything directory over my base and when that is done, I need to install OpenOffice.

And now I have another warning from I will post that separately not to confuse threads.