Re: Security Cameras

On 06/30/2009 09:41 AM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
This may be a little off topic so please forgive me.

I purchased a Security Camera in order to do some experiments. I have a
WCS-2060 IP CamSecure made bywww.level1.com.  I am suspicious that os
of the camera is linux based, but there software is primarily made to
communicate with MS Windows machines.

Are any of you using any linux based opensource software to monitor
security cameras and their output.  What kind of linux options do we
have?

I use motion (http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome), which is in the repos.

You can use it with common IP cameras like those from Axis, or with analog cameras + a video capture card.

Some IP cameras may be incompatible, depending how tightly the manufacturer has tied the camera to the normally-supplied Windows software.

- Mike