Re: Updates to F10 now put windows partition icons on desktop! [Solved]

On 25/06/09 15:06, Mike Cloaked wrote:

Ian, I had a quick look at the authorisations - you were spot on - there was
indeed an explicit authorisation for me as user set up 14 days ago as
permanent - though I do not remember adding this!  Anyway removing it solved
the problem.

Thanks for  your help and hints - it was useful....

No worries Mike. I think I can make a good guess as to where the authorisation came from too. When you mount an internal disk by clicking on one of the disk icons in the "Places" menu in Gnome it prompts for authorisation (ie the root password). Underneath there is a tick box which says something like, "remember this authorisation permanently.", which is enabled by default. If you don't untick it, then it essentially creates an explicit policy for you. Anyway, glad it worked. :-)

--
Ian Chapman.