F11: Resume from hibernate on X61 laptop.

Hi All.

I'm hoping I just missed something here.  I recently installed F11 on my Lenovo X61 laptop without a swap partition, I've since added one (and set it up in /etc/fstab) as I'd like hibernate to work.

Currently hibernate will go down, but it will not come back.  When booting up, the swap part of the init process just says something about user space swap data found, reinitializing.

Did not installing swap from the beginning cause an issue here?  I ask, b/c suspend and hibernate just worked on this laptop with F9 and F10.

Thanks for any help.