Audio problem in fedora 9

Hello,

I use fedora 9 with 2.6.27.21-78.2.41.fc9.i686 kernel.
I have the Intel 82801H (ICH8 family) HD Audio Controller sound card system on my laptop run with the ALSA driver (1.0.17) on f9.

The sound works perfectly fine until I hibernate my laptop and turn it on again. On turning my laptop on from the hibernate mode the sound drivers dont seem to work, however, I found that if I switch to a different virtual terminal (ctrl +alt+f1) and then back to the default x window terminal in f9 (alt+ctrl +f7) then magically the sound of the system gets restored back.

It seems completely wierd that switching terminals solves the problem. Could some one please enlighten what could be happening and why the sound isnt restored after I hibernate.

Thanks.

Aditya