Re: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M

I've read through this thread as well, and I too would like to thank everyone for their views.

I too work in a large organization where I have absolutely no choice in the hardware and software selections (for 98,000+ active computer workstations.) I don't have a voice in those selections either, and yes I've tried lobbying for some flexibility.

It is can be fun to blindly insist on one thing without any flexibility in the matter.

What I try to do is work as well as I can with what my employer provides. That is what was provided to me as an employee. I'm not going to waste too much time complaining about it because it is also true that every minute spent complaining is a minute I'm not getting my job done. And I have a family to think about.

So folks, no zealotry for me. I'm quite happy with my paycheck. I need it.

There will come a time when I decide I need proprietary drivers. I've used them before and I will again.

I do recognize there are plenty of open source people out there working to offer alternative choices, and I support them too. I made a choice to use Fedora outside of my work place. But in making that choice I also decided to be practical and understand there are times when I may have to use non-free solutions.

Bob