Re: Still having problems with my tv tuner -- need help

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 8:30 PM, William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Gene;
>
> On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 19:48 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Saturday 09 May 2009, William Case wrote:
>> >Hi;
>> >
>> >tvtime gives me a great picture but no sound.
>> >
>> [...]
>>
>> You are aware that tvtime does not have a digital audio path aren't you?
>>
> Yes.  I am doing the whole thing through analog cable.

Unless you're doing an audio jumper from your tv card to your sounds
card, either internally or externally, you are not.

Another scenario to consider is that your tv card has an onboard
encoder... I've never gotten that to work with TvTime... maybe its
possible, but I don't know.

I use MythTV full time. It's a pain for first time setup, but you get
a PVR system for your troubles. And it handles mpeg encoding tv cards
perfectly. If you card does not have an mpeg encoder, then you
probably need a jumper between cards, and then turn up the volume on
the sound card.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )