Re: PackageKit run scheduling?

Beartooth wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:31:01 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
	[...]
Is there a way to control when PackageKit runs?  I'd like to schedule
it to download and install all updates at 3 AM, every night.
There's not yet a "time" option, although that would be a valid feature
request. Such a time option begs the question about secondary policy,
like what to do if the user specifies updates should be installed at 5AM
and then goes to bed early for two weeks.

Alternatively, how do I disable PackageKit entirely?
System -> Preferences -> Software updates, although I would prefer you
help us fix the problem, rather than taking that option :-)

Not to be contentious, but because I want to know if I'm missing anything : what is the benefit of running PackageKit, rather than "yum clean all" followed by "yum update" at *my* convenience daily?

I don't do the "yum clean all" but I prefer manually doing updates when it is convenient for me. Due to my work, I sometimes don't update for 3 or 4 days because of application issues.

--
Robin Laing