Re: Firefox 3 hogging 90% CPU, can anything be done about this?

Hugh Caley wrote:
Sometime after opening Firefox 3 in Fedora 10 it will start grabbing 90% of the CPU until it is closed again. I am running FlashBlock but that only seems to delay the time somewhat until the cpu goes to 90%.

Is there nothing else that can be done about this? If Adobe won't fix the problem, don't we have to do something?

Hugh

Is your video card using the ATI Radeon chipset? Mine is and I was running into a similar problem with Firefox and Thunderbird. Uncommenting and setting:

Option     "AccelMethod" "XAA"

in /etc/X11/xorg.conf fixed my problem. This was a quick fix. I didn't research it any further than google so YMMV. I'm using WindowMaker as my window manager.

- Tod