Change Gnome Desktop icons default position ?

Hi !

Is it possible to change default postion (alignment) for Desktop Icons ?

I would like to have less space between the screens left edge and icons
for Computer, Home, Trash (and others too), so my terminal windows don't hide so much of the icons.

I know about "Show Desktop Button".

Regards
--
Karl-Olov Serrander m11172.abc.se