Re: Amarok, Songbird, and other similar players...

Anne Wilson wrote:
On Wednesday 27 August 2008 16:39:23 Rex Dieter wrote:
Dan Thurman wrote:
This is a question that has been bugging me for awhile and
countless of hours trying to fix song tags that seems to be
overwritten, or so it seems.

 From what I can tell, it *seems* to me that these players
might be using their own "database" to write over the tags
because no matter what I try via EasyTag,
Can't speak for the others, but afaik, amarok does not keep tags
internally, but only reads tags directly from the media files via taglib.

Can't speak for amarok2, but in amarok1 I have have many folders with music that I have imported from vinyl, therefore having no native tags. I have entered the information on amarok and it has saved it, accessing it in future with no problems. I didn't use any tool, just manually entered the static info for the album, then individual track info. It must be stored in a db somewhere. HTH

I believe "~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/collection.db" is the spot.