Re: Leopard & Fedora 9 screen sharing?

On Aug 27, 2008, at 9:12 AM, Craig White wrote:

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 09:01 -0700, Jeffrey Engle wrote:
Here's what I'd like to do, I brand new to fedora and a user of mac os
x for the last 8 years (since OSX first came out), I've heard that
fedora is not as virus hungry as windows. I've got a windows machine
thats 2 years old and would like to see the desktop of the pc on my
mac as well as filesharing and complete control of the headless PC...
any good, simple instructions out there for doing this? Thank you....
and if fedora isn't suited for this, can someone tell me? Jeff
----
Fedora has 2 options to share it's screen with Macs or PCs...

freenx or VNC

The client applications for freenx are available from
http://www.nomachine.org and the client applications for VNC are
available from http://www.realvnc.com/products/download.html (the Mac
version is called something like Chicken of the VNC).

installation of freenx is something like 'yum install freenx-server' and
the generally vnc server application is automatically installed ('yum
install vncviewer' for the client).

Instructions on configuration of freenx-server and vnc server are
available via google.

Craig

So, Craig, if I understand you correctly, all I need is the "Client application" of either of these to screenshare on my mac? (looking at my mac's monitor and seeing the pc)? Jeff