Re: Java applets not starting F-9 , firefox-3

Per Anton Rønning wrote:

expose_full_path gives:

the GCJ Web *Browser Plugin (using IcedTea) 1.2 is found in:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0/jre/lib/i386/gcjwebplugin.so

and the Java Plug-in:
/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_07/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

This is where I found it after installing the Sun Java, so it seems to fit.
I moved the *.rpm.bin to /usr/java and executed the .bin there.

Could I have crossed my eyes and downloaded the wrong Java from the
Sun site?
Now there are so many details on the table that I am struggling
against my own confusion. :-)

Yes, I think you have started to confuse yourself...and potentially others.  :-)

First, the Sun Java plugin is supposed to be in the location you indicate above.

Second, I *think* you have placed a symbolic link in your ~/.mozilla/plugins directory pointing to it since I *think* have have indicated that typing "about:plugins" in FF shows the existence of both gcjwebplugin.so and libjavaplugin_oji.so.

As I've already mentioned, I've not tried working on a system with both Sun's Java stuff and open Java stuff installed on the same system.

So, why don't you simply uninstall the open-java stuff and try using *only* Sun's Java? I have mentioned that it *does* work here on both of the sites you indicated.