Re: PAN Failure -- Help

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:30:29 -0500, Roger Heflin wrote:

[...]
The error is not terribly useful, I doubt there is going to be a better
suggestion than to try a few files at a time, though you may be able to
run "strace -o pan.out -f pan" on the command line and see what was the
last file being accessed by pan and guess which file is the
troublemaker.

If you can isolate it down to a single file you might look at that file
and see if it is obviously wrong.

Though, It may just be that something in the cache is odd and causing
the crash.

                            Roger

Back on my desktop.  The problem was solved by removing tasks.nzb .
The software created a new one.  The file is a 166 line XML file;
a quick look did not show any problem, but I did not spend much
time on it.  Unless advised otherwise, I intend to discard it.
If anyone wants to see it, please let me know, and I'll post it.

Thanks again,
Mike.

If you don't mind, send it to me, and I will see if it crashes mine here, and take a closer look at the file.

                         Roger