Re: F9 - cups - windows shared printer

Craig White wrote:
<snip>
if you go back to my original post - nowhere did I ever make mention of
Firefox, nor did Andy who confirmed the problem.

well, in your own words 'leap to conclusions do we?', seems to include
you in that 'we'. i do not find that i made reference to which post.

therefore, for me to include firefox, it would have been from a later
post that you made and in which you failed to mention evolution.

if version of firefox that i am currently using;
  Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1)
  Gecko/2008071611 Red Hat/3.0.1-1.el5 Firefox/3.0.1
had time stamps in history log, i would be able to give you an exact
time that you could relate to your presumption.

tho i will admit that while looking back thru history, i did miss one of
the hits related to suse. so i did err in not noting it. or what ever
was page relating to it, did not seem relevant. maybe it mentioned
evolution and was there before i put firefox in search.

as for ubuntu, i can not say. for sure if it was among hits, i did not
look at it.

I only brought Firefox into the picture because the problem returned

actually, it was brought on by your evasiveness in not mentioning what
all you had tried to print with.

but if you were going to google anything, why not google the relevant
keywords...

googleing for;
cups AuthInfoRequired negotiate