Re: F9 - cups - windows shared printer

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 18:56 +0000, g wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> <snip>
> > leap to conclusions do we?
>
> only when information is left out.
>
> > 1 - it's not only with Firefox...problem originally surfaced printing
>
> you were not elicit of evolution.
>
> > 2 - why on earth would you think that this problem doesn't show up on
>
> in my curiousness of problem i used *AND "firefox"*. search did not show
> debian. being on mandrake lists, i have not seen problem posted.
----
if you go back to my original post - nowhere did I ever make mention of
Firefox, nor did Andy who confirmed the problem.

I only brought Firefox into the picture because the problem returned
when I tried to print with Firefox for the first time. The specific
applications itself are not truly meaningful to the problem...they never
were. You decided to seize on the things you thought might be
significant but they weren't.

but if you were going to google anything, why not google the relevant
keywords...

cups AuthInfoRequired negotiate

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost.php?p=1028522&postcount=1

but it wasn't Debian (my mistake), it was Ubuntu...

Craig