Re: F9: Scanning with canon lide-30 (USB) produces awful noises

Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 09:48 +0200, joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
my scanner is an USB scanner, Canon Lide-30. Since some weeks,
sometimes when scanning, the scanner produces awful noises during scan
(like a saw), and the scanner input is unusable.

I've had something similar, but my scanner is old, and the toothed belt
that drives the sled up and down isn't as flexible as it used to be.  If
I pull the belt out of the mechanism, it doesn't spring back into a
circular shape, it stays in a long thin loop, as if it were still
wrapped around the cogs.  Sometimes it does skip some teeth the first
time I use it after it's sat untouched for weeks, or months.

Tim,

thanks for your answer, but, again, I think it's a software problem because I have no problems under WinXP.

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>