Re: Fedora 9 and Security

> suspect, is the introduction, again by default with no opt-out, of
> UUIDs. I understand that this is thought to be a Good Idea (tm) for
> those users who use bleeding-edge software on their multi-system
> networks, but for the rest of us, its just a pain, and makes life more
> complicated for those of us that administer our own laptops.

You can use uuids, labels or device names. Nothing has changed there. The
defaults the installer uses have changed, and it makes no sense for the
installer to ask new users questions like

Use UUID, LABEL or device name ?"

Because the answer in 99.99% cases is "uh ??"

Similarly SELinux setting has moved from the install stage (where it
doesn't belong). Try running system-config-selinux, or selecting it from
roots menus.

Alan